When choosing a rehabilitation facility for your dog, it is important to realise that not all hydrotherapy centres are the same!
At Millhaven we have a friendly, caring team who are absolutely dedicated to the wellbeing of our canine friends. We believe that your dog's comfort and safety is paramount in everything we do. Our treatment programmes are clinically reasoned and focused on achieving the best outcome for your dog, based on a strong foundation of trust between the therapist and the patient. We will therefore never use forced or uncomfortable treatment techniques, as we believe we will only be successful if your dog is fully engaged with the therapy being provided.
The following are just some of the reasons to choose Millhaven for your dog:
- Our qualified, professional and knowledgeable therapists provide a range of therapeutic services; we can offer much more than just 'swimming' for dogs. Furthermore, we are the only centre in Lincolnshire with an advanced hydrotherapist qualified to Level 5 (foundation degree level).
- We will only ever treat one dog in the pool at a time, so that your dog has the full focus and attention of our therapists. One or more of our therapists will be hands on with your dog in the pool or treadmill at all times.
- We work closely with vets, orthopaedic specialists, physiotherapists and veterinary paraprofessionals. We believe that a multi disciplinary approach to therapy provides the optimum results for patients.
- Our therapists are members of the National Association of Registered Canine Hydrotherapists (NARCH). This means we must meet high standards in both the treatment we offer and our water quality. All of our therapists must complete a minimum of 20 hours CPD each year, ensuring our knowledge is constantly expanding and we are keeping up with recent advances in veterinary rehabilitation.
- We can offer advice and support for owners - helping you to manage your dog’s mobility at home, providing valuable guidance on making the most of your home environment to make life easier for both you and your dog.