The referral Process
To provide treatment, we are required by law to have consent from your Veterinary Surgeon. This also allows us to ensure we have the full details of your dog's condition and that it is appropriate for them to receive hydrotherapy.
To register your dog for treatment, please complete the following steps:
1) Download copies of our consent form and Terms of Business by clicking the buttons below. Alternatively we can email or post them to you on request.
2) Please read, complete and sign the client section of the form, ensuring you have read the accompanying Terms of Business. Then hand it to your vet for their completion. Once the form is fully completed, please email or fax it to us, or ask your vet to do so.
3) Please then contact us to make an appointment. If we are unavailable to take your call, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Initial consultation - up to 60 minutes
As part of the initial consultation, we will ask you some questions to learn more about your dog, carry out a full land based assessment and establish a bespoke ongoing treatment plan. This longer session also allows us:
- to spend plenty of time getting to know your dog;
- to give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have; and
- to let your dog get used to the hydrotherapy pool environment.
Single hydrotherapy treatment - up to 40 minutes
* There is a 10% discount applied for block payments of 10 sessions.
* A 10% discount is available for each additional dog from the same family attending hydrotherapy, up to a maximum total discount of 30%.
Session pricing is inclusive of any additional treatment modalities, such as therapeutic massage and pulsed electromagnetic field therapy where appropriate.
Please note that your dog will not be active in the pool or treadmill for the entire session time. The length of treatment time and level of activity will vary based on your dog's condition and may change with each session.
Payment is required on the day of treatment. We currently accept payment by cash only, although cheques or bank transfer are accepted for block bookings of 10 sessions paid in advance. Cheques should be made payable to “Millhaven Canine Rehabilitation Limited”.
As we are registered with the National Association of Registered Canine Hydrotherapists (NARCH), you may be able to claim for hydrotherapy treatment on your pet insurance policy. Please check with your insurance provider for details, Millhaven Canine Rehabilitation accepts no responsibility should your insurer refuse to pay for any treatment. Whilst payment for treatment sessions must be made up front, we can assist you with your insurance claim if you require this.